Sunday, November 14, 2010

Archery & Pink Tents

Yesterday my daughter K & I went to Camp Marapai in Prescott to teach archery.  We left the house at 6:10 am and got home at 7:30 pm.  The day started out very cold - had to break out the hats, gloves & heavy coats to stay warm.  When  we got almost to the camp, we were stopped by a car in front of us that had stopped in the road.  Off to the left was a herd of deer, just standing there watching us.  We tried to get a picture, but the deer blended in with the bush too much. 

A few weeks ago I was on the Girl Scouts, AZ Cactus Pine Council's website and I saw a like to request pink tents.  I was able to secure 5 hot pink tents from the Susan Koman 3 day walk for the cure.  For that past couple of years the race has donated the tents the walkers used to sleep in to the Girl Scouts.  I tried a once before and didn't get them.  The tents are 7' x 7' and will sleep 2 adults or 3 girls.

Here is a shot of 3 of them in my back yard.

No comments:

Post a Comment