Thursday, February 4, 2010

Dulce de Leche

My Junior Girl Scout troop is participating in a Council wide World Friendship Day event on Saturday. My troop has to represent the country of Chile. The girls have been learning about Chile and I have been making hundreds of samples of dulce de leche to take with us.

There are a few way to make dulce de leche, but the fast way is in the microwave. Take one can of sweetened condensed milk and pour it into a microwave safe deep dish. Cook for 2 minutes at 50% power, stir and cook 2 minutes at 50% power, continue this process for about 20 minutes until it turns caramel color. On Monday I cooked up 4 cans, Tuesday 2 cans, Wednesday 4 cans and tonight 4 more cans. Tomorrow I get out of work at 2 and have 6 final cans to cook.

This stuff if very yummy, my kids love it. I think this will be something they request me to make.

No comments:

Post a Comment