Sunday, February 14, 2010

Girl Scout Cookies!

Girl Scout cookie drop day was today. This morning at 6 am, my youngest daughter and my son joined several other adults and older girl scout to take delivery of the 4914 cases of cookies for our neighborhood. I have helped sort cookies into troop orders for the last three years, but I was in charge this year. We had so many pallets of cookies it kind of looked like cookie canyons. I have posted a photo from last year; I didn’t have time this year to take one.

Our neighborhood had 50 troops selling cookies. Sorting started between 6:30 am & 7:00 am with the first troops arriving at 7:30. The last troop picked up around 11:00. It was had work. Last year one person handled the whole cookie season and this year we had a team of 4 people. I don’t know how she managed by herself.


Once I got home, I had to sort 200+ cased into orders for the 22 girls in my Cadette & Brownie troops. I did it on the front lawn and I was surprised no one stopped as they drove by wanting to buy them. Most of my girls picked them up by 6 pm, which made for a very long day.

Now it is time to sit by my outside fire, have a glass of wine and relax. No work tomorrow so I get to sleep in.

No comments:

Post a Comment