Sunday, February 7, 2010

Yesterday I spent the day with my Junior Girl Scout troop participating in our Council’s World Thinking Day. The girls did a really good job of telling the others about Chile. We left my house at 9:15, the event started at 11, and we could break our booth down at 3:00.


I was able to get 3 load of laundry washed and hung up on the line. I like doing laundry. As long on my kids get the dirty clothing to the laundry room, I have no problem washing it and hang it up. There are people I work with who have commented on the fact that I still do my kids laundry and it really bugs me. My thoughts on doing everyone’s laundry is if I do it I control when it is done. We I had a dryer this was an issue because it cost more to run it between 9 am & 9 pm. Also, if I let my kid do there own, the loads would not be as full – wasting water. I get tired of hearing about how their kid did their own once in high school. Well, good for you, but don’t judge me because mine don’t.

Today, is my last real weekend day off until April. The cookies arrive next weekend and I will be busy with cookie booths until mid March, then archery training and an encampment. So, I cut out a pair of scrub pants & top for my oldest daughter. My husband went to my dad’s to watch the super bowl and I sewed up the top. I could buy her some scrubs, but it is cheaper to buy the material and don't mind spending the time sewing them. Tomorrow I have the day off so I am going to make the pants. I have material to make one more set of scrubs for her and I hope to get the done soon. Here is a photo of the fabric I use today to make her top.  We are cat people.

1 comment:

  1. Good for you! I hear comments like yours, too. I love having my adult daughter at home. She pitches in when I need it. I'm just not ready to shove her out of the nest.

    And I love the fabric!

    ReplyDelete