Wednesday, January 20, 2010

RAIN!

Yesterday an event happened in the Phoenix area that does not happen very often… it rained! We are expecting more rain tonight and through the rest of the week.  Yeah!

I put a call in to my son to cover up my dad’s 1992 Winnebago parked beside my house. We have a 12’ RV gate and the space to have it parked at my house. The deal is, if it is parked at my house, we get to use it. However, it leaks, and it leaks badly if we get a heavy downpour. I am really glad I had Z cover up the RV, because it started to pour around 9:30 pm.

We have not had a good down pour in a long time.

The other issue we had to deal with is, I do not own a dryer. It died a couple of years ago and I decided not to buy a new one. My oldest daughter Y did her laundry and it was hanging on the line. Luckily our line is between the patio support posts, so it was under cover. But, when it is raining there is too much humidity for the stuff to dry. She ended up bringing her laundry in and hanging it in the bathroom. In the summer I can hang a load and it will be dry within an hour.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! So good to see you here! AND I am totally with you on the rain. It is so infrequent in Phoenix that I enjoy every drop that we get.

    I've done without a dryer. I wish you the best over this next week! Fall back is a laundromat. Or your BESTEST friend.

    ReplyDelete