Thursday, October 21, 2010

Rain & Sewing

This morning we woke up to it raining.  Such a wonderful thing to see in the valley of the sun.  Our weather has also finally officially become fall like.

Yesterday after work I started on K's Halloween costume (Butterick pattern 4377).  I got the cape & lining cut out. Tonight I will cut  out the dress.  The cape is a chocolate brown crushed panne velvet fabric with an cream lining and the dress will be turquoise crushed panne velvet fabric.  Joann's had the crushed panne velvet on sale for $2.99 & since this dress & cape today a huge amount of fabric, it was the only way I was going to buy it.  Total cost without my time for the fabric, lining, thread & zipper $90.  My oldest daughter paid $150 for just an unlined cape at the renaissance festival in AZ last spring.  Maybe I will make her one too.

No comments:

Post a Comment