Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Leaving the Computer at Work

For my job, I have a laptop. I use it in the office and can take it home when I need it. I recently became aware of how much time is wasted browsing the Inter-net and reading blogs at night. Even if I have good intentions and say I am just going to do this one thing, reply to a work related email or whatever; I get sucked into reading blogs or random surfing. I can plan on not opening it up, but it sits there calling me – open me, read your blog, read the blogs you are following, check the news, check the weather, check the TV guide. Okay, just a quick peek.

Last week and this week, I am trying something new… I am leaving the dang thing at work until the weekend or if I really need to do something for work after 4 pm.

When I got home last night I was able to get both bathrooms cleaned. I started a load of laundry and got it hung up. I help my youngest daughter for a good half an hour with her disastrous room (she works better in small time chunks, instead of going for hours). Made dinner and did the dishes – something I usually put off or get one of the kids to do. Tonight I plan on helping K with her room some more, fold the two loads of laundry from yesterday, clean off the ironing board, table and cutting table.

We have been remodeling our house for about 4 years, my husband is a general contractor, so either we don’t have the money because he has not had a lot of jobs or he is too busy because he is working. Because of this, we have boxes of stuff stashed in various places. It is my mission this summer to get these cleaned up. Go through them and get rid of stuff we really don’t need or have not used in however long they have been boxed.

I'll let you know how this works out.

No comments:

Post a Comment