Wednesday, April 21, 2010

My mother is getting ready to her cabin for the summer

She has a cabin in Forest Lakes, AZ, which is on the Mogollon Rim at an elevation of 7700 feet. The cabin is on a half an acre with lots of ponderosa pine trees. Last year she stayed up there full time just to do it. Last winter it was not nearly as bad as this past winter. I am so glad she was not up there this winter.

Here is a photo the fire cheif took of the major storm in January.



Because of the altitude Forest Lakes is at, it can be 30 – 40 degrees cooler in the summer then in the Phoenix area. Any time we have a long weekend, I am there. My youngest daughter spends a lot of time at the cabin. Even as she gets older, she still really enjoys going up.


Mom's cabin

Today when I got home, my son asked if he could go up with my mom to help her get settled back in. Heck yes, he can go. I hope my mom makes him work hard… cutting the grass, raking pine needles. The dynamics of the house completely changes when one person is not there. My only questions to him are how you getting there, when are you leaving, how long will you be there and how are you getting home. He has not really answered these yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment