Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Shopping for New Clothes - My Birthday Present

My mom is the best! Last weekend I turned 50, how the heck did I get to be 50? Wasn’t I just turning 40? Better yet how did my mom get to be 68?

For my birthday, I didn’t want a party so my mom took me shopping. She took me shopping because she knew if she gave me the money I would spend it on the house and not myself. She was willing to spend up to $100 per decade. We went to JC Penney’s and they have great deals and a great selection for those of us who need a larger then a size 14. At Penney’s I got 2 skirts and 3 pairs of nice pants. I also bought 4 basic tees, 2 more dressy tees and a jersey cardigan. We went to Lane Bryant and got a pair of dark wash jeans and nice orange blouse. To round out the day we hit Famous Footwear and I got two pairs of wedges – one black & one brown. EVERYTHING was on sale! If we paid the retail price on the tags it would have been $616 and on sale it was $431. I have never spent that much at one time on myself. I think it is time to start treating me to nice clothes and not just pick up a piece when the inner thighs wear out at Wal-Mart.

Next on my list – new under garments and a hair cut.

No comments:

Post a Comment